Vacancy – senior engineerJuly 13th, 2018
In Ovo is a young spin off company from Leiden University. Our team uses its background in biology, biomedical sciences, biotechnology and microbiology to improve both efficiency and animal welfare in the poultry industry. We are known for our high-throughput egg sexing solution. This system will prevent the manual sorting and subsequent killing of billions of day-old male chicks worldwide and make a huge, positive impact on the global poultry industry. We are ready for the next step in the developments and start working towards a fully automated and scalable machine. For this, we are looking to expand our team with an experienced engineer.
Senior engineer (1 FTE)
We are looking for someone who doesn’t mind a challenge and wants to do good. With our gender screening solution, we can change the global poultry industry for the better and we look for people who are driven by the same motivation as we are. Having experience with automating hatchery or egg processes is a big plus.
- You are an engineer (with a relevant education and background) and you are a good one
- You have five years experience with automating industrialized processes and are able to build bridges between different industries
- You have affinity with biomedical engineering, mechatronics, electronics and new product introductions
- You enjoy challenges, have shown you can come up with creative and pragmatic solutions to problems and don’t mind building stuff yourself
- You enjoy working in the fast-changing environment of a startup company
- You are a likeable person, with good communication skills and a talent for project management
- You speak (and read+write) Dutch and English fluently
As the In Ovo engineer you will be responsible for automating our gender screening solution, (co) develop specific parts of it and coordinate the work done for us by third parties. In addition, we want you to become the eggspert on (poultry) machine manufacturers and assess with who we should (or shouldn’t) collaborate for a production ready device.
What we offer
- A full time position in a multidisciplinary team
- A contract for one year, with the option (and intention) to extent this period when we both feel this will work out
- A competitive salary
- A goal oriented environment in which you have the freedom to plan your own hours
- The option to contribute to an eggciting project that potentially has a global impact on animal welfare for billions of chicks
- The possibility to extend your network (we’d urge you to!)
- A customized training programme
Interested in a further chat? Email your resume and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 31 August 2018. Want to know more? Email us or call +31 71 332 2876.
Application by agency or recruiters is not appreciated and will be rejected.